Sacred Heart R.C. Primary School
About our school experience
- Inspire a generation. Train to teach at HEART TSA. Experience what it is like to be a primary school teacher. Come and spend a day at HEART TSA. You will have the opportunity to observe a range of classes in different key stages, work with teachers and experience what it is like to work in a school. The day will help you gain an insight into the profession before you apply. At the end of the experience day you will meet with the HEART TSA team to discuss how to apply and the next steps on your journey to becoming a primary school teacher.
- Start and finish times
- 8.20am to 3.40pm
- Dress code
- Teacher training
The Heart TSA School Direct programme offers those looking to become fully qualified teachers a one year route to achieving accreditation (QTS with PGCE), with a course that pairs the most up to date theoretical training with tailored teaching placements across a network of partner schools, in partnership with the University of Cumbria. On a school led teacher training route, trainees spend the majority of their time in schools, learning on the job, and are taught by tutors and mentors with current and relevant classroom experience. By immersing trainees in schools they are able to gain valuable real-world experience and learn the very best current teaching methods. This in turn allows them to develop into better teachers who can provide more rounded and complete classes for their students. You need to have a degree to start the course but it doesn’t matter how long ago your degree was or what you have done in between.
Links to more information about our school
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: passport or driving license
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Central Drive, Westhoughton, Bolton, Lancashire, BL5 3DU
Yes - on site parking provided
There is a staff car park.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Primary (4 to 11)