St Patrick's RC High School
About our school experience
• Spend time with teachers and pupils in the subject that you are considering teaching
• Tour our school and then spend time in lessons. You will get the chance to observe and discuss teaching and learning in classroom and begin to reflect on what you might be teaching next year
• Meet our wonderful pupils in lessons, break-times and during extra-curricular activities.
• Get to know the team that will be supporting you through your training year and meet some of our current trainee teachers who are on their journey
• Find out more about how to apply, the application process and get 1-1 help with your teacher application
The whole life of a teacher and school community is catered for during your initial day with us in order to allow you to gain a small taste and understanding of school life. You will get to see how our pupils and teachers work together to create an environment where:
“Pupils behave in a calm and orderly manner, both in lessons and during social times. Classroom environments are positive places where pupils can thrive. Pupils work well with each other, debating and discussing their learning confidently”. OFSTED 2022
- Start and finish times
- 8:30am to 2:30pm
- Dress code
- Teacher training
When can I visit the school?
We know that getting time away from your current responsibilities can be difficult. For this reason we offer flexible school experience days. Please get in touch to let us know when you would like to visit by the Google Form below:
Links to more information about our school
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- DBS check required
Yes - when in school. No DBS needed for virtual events
St Patrick's RC High School will begin their school experience days week commencing 26th September 2022.
You can still request experience with this school and they will contact you when they have availability.
- School experience type
- In school
- 56 New Lane, Eccles, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M30 7JJ
Yes - on site parking provided
Parking will be available to you at the front of the School, to the left. this will be sign posted 'Teaching School Car Park'.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Design and technology
- Languages (other)
- Religious education