Brighton Hill Community School
Brighton Hill Community School is a rapidly improving co-educational mainstream school for 11-16 year olds with 1210 on roll. Each and every one of these students brings something special to this school. Their bright yellow shirts are an unmistakable badge of honour; they are proud to belong to the #YellowArmy. In fact, during our most recent Ofsted inspection, it was noted that “Pupils are eager to explain why they believe that Brighton Hill is such a special school.”
Visitors comment on how happy and engaged our students are and they are living embodiments of our four cornerstones: Commitment, Courage, Collaboration and Kindness. As Ofsted said in our report, “The importance of kindness is at the heart of the school’s ethos.”
We have extremely high expectations and are committed to Making Success Inevitable for every single student in our care. Our curriculum aims to inspire a thirst for learning within our school culture, in which students are committed to making outstanding progress and achieving excellence.
Pastoral care is an integral part of our work here and we are proud that our school was described by inspectors as “welcoming and inclusive” and a place where “lessons are calm and focused”.
About our school experience
- During school experience, candidates will have an introductory talk from the Assistant Headteacher who leads ITT at the school. They will then be based in the subject areas that they are interested in applying for, observing lessons across Key Stages and different teaching styles and interacting with students in the classroom. There will be the opportunity to talk to current teachers about the role, several of whom are experienced mentors with an insight into the teacher training process.
- Start and finish times
8.15 to 3.00
There is a possibility of flexibility of start and finish times. This can be discussed at the point of arranging the school experience.
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
From 2023-24, we will be working closely with SFET and have extensive experience in supporting secondary SCITT trainees.
Links to more information about our school
- Brighton Hill Community School website
- Brighton Hill Community School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Brighton Hill Community School
- Performance information: Brighton Hill Community School
- Teacher training: Brighton Hill Community School
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport, driving license and proof of address
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Brighton Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 4HS
Yes - on site parking provided
Parking is provided on site for candidates. Alternatively, in case of particularly busy days, there is ample parking just a short walk away at the local Community Centre / supermarket.
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Physical education