King James's School
About our school experience
- King James’s School is a highly successful 11-18 community secondary school & is the lead school for the White Rose Alliance (WRA), a well-established provider of School Direct teacher training. For 2021/22 King James's School offer initial one day experience visits for those eligible for, & considering applying for, teacher training with the WRA. The visit commences with a briefing about the school, Coronavirus protocols, safeguarding & WRA teacher training, followed by time in the department of the visitors’ subject choice. Timetables & staffing permitting, visitors will observe 5 lessons across a variety of year groups taught by different teachers. Visitors will have an opportunity for informal discussions with department staff at break and lunch. DBS clearance is not required for visits as visitors will be accompanied at all times.
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 3.15pm
In order for visitors to make the most from their visit we would recommend that they adhere to our given start & finish times where possible. However we can be flexible & arrange for visitors to have a shorter visit depending on individual circumstances.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
School Direct lead school for the White Rose Alliance
Links to more information about our school
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Visitors will be required to bring photo ID eg. passport or driving licence.
- Applicants for visits are expected to have GCSE Grade A*-C in Maths & English (or equivalent), & be either studying for, or have completed an honours degree (2:2 or above) in the subject they wish to train to teach (or have a closely linked degree plus an A Level in the subject they wish to teach). Applicants must be considering training in, & have the appropriate qualifications for, a subject in which the White Rose Alliance runs a course which isn't closed at the time of enquiry. Language applicants must have qualifications in French.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
For 2021/22 King James's School is offering initial one day experience visits from October to the end of April. Please note that date availability will be affected by department timetables, in-school events, other visit bookings, etc. On receipt of a request we will discuss your request with the relevant department before any date confirmation is made.
- School experience type
- In school
- King James Road, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, HG5 8EB
Not available on site
Visitors must park off-site. Please park in the public car park on York Place (fee payable) which is a short walk from school. Alternatively there is free on-street parking on Aspin Lane (at the side of the school fields) again a short walk from school.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Religious education