Springfield Community Primary School
About our school experience
- You can arrange to spend a block of time in our school, observing classes, the routine of the school day and school ethos and environment, and helping with activities. You can meet our staff who will explain what training and teaching in our schools involves and how to apply for our teacher training.
- Start and finish times
8.15am to 3.30pm
We can discuss the hours with you individually when we arrange your school experience, according to your availability.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
You can train to become a teacher with Primary Advantage on the School Direct tuition fee PGCE (non-salaried) route. Our training is offered in partnership with the Institute of Education, UCL and you will receive high quality training at university and at Primary Advantage. Your teaching placements will be in our primary schools in Hackney, supported by our experienced teacher-mentors and by UCL tutors.
Links to more information about our school
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 15 miles of the school
- Photo identification: passport or driving licence
- DBS check required
Yes - when in school. Candidates undertaking school experience will usually need to arrange a DBS before starting. We will discuss this with you when arranging your school experience.
You can contact us to arrange school experience in any of our 8 Primary Advantage schools in Hackney. School experience can be in a block, e.g. full-time for 1-2 weeks, or a day or several days a week over a period of time, e.g. a month, or a term, or longer. We can discuss this with you when you apply and try to arrange something that suits your availability.
- School experience type
- In school
- Castlewood Road, London, N16 6DH
Not available on site
Parking in Hackney is limited. We recommend using public transport where possible. If needed there may be limited street parking near the school but please check details before driving.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Early years, Primary (4 to 11)