|Date||School phase||Experience type|
|13 November 2023||
Religious education, Physical education, Spanish, Physics, Music, Maths, History, Health and social care, German, Geography, French, English, Economics, Drama, Design and technology, Dance, Computing, Chemistry, Business studies, Biology, and Art and design
|In school||Start request|
Northgate High School
About our school experience
We are able to offer an opportunity to observe lessons for a day in school in order to enable a candidate who is serious about wanting to train to teach to get a taste of life as a teacher.
During your day with us you will have the opportunity to:
• Observe teaching in a specialist subject
• Talk to teachers about day-to-day school life
• Talk to our experienced Professional Development Tutor about routes into teaching
• Watch a range of lessons and age groups being taught
• Meet other potential trainees
• Meet PGCE trainees who are in school
- Start and finish times
- 8.25am to 4.00pm
- Dress code
Business dress, Smart casual
- Teacher training
We work closely with the the UEA, the Suffolk and Norfolk SCITT and EAST SCITT PGCE programmes. We have trainees each year from all three training providers. We also occasionally host trainees from Teach First for their second training placements.
We work with the DfE and host nine paid undergraduate DfE Teaching Internship placements for three weeks in Chemistry, Maths, Physics, Computing and MFL each Summer.
Links to more information about our school
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 20 miles of the school
- Photo identification: passport or driving licence
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Sidegate Lane West, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 3DL
Yes - on site parking provided
Parking is available on site – please enter at the main school entrance (gate A) and park in the car parks to your left as you enter the main drive.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Health and social care
- Physical education
- Religious education