|Date||School phase||Experience type|
|26 May 2022||
|In school||Start request|
Dixons City Academy
About our school experience
Our school experience is an initial day at Dixons City Academy. You will meet talented and inspiring teachers, observe teaching in a range of lessons/age groups and talk about school life. We are looking for strong potential recruits to our teacher training programme.
Our requirements are that you have a strong belief in the potential of every child, regardless of background; a passion for teaching and your subject; and resilience, enabling you to make a difference for the students you will teach.
A DBS check costing £14.00 is required for any further days, which may be in other Dixons schools. We only consider candidates for placements who are applying to Dixons for a PGCE course.
- Start and finish times
- 08:30 to 13:30
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We are a well-established multi-academy trust of 14 schools serving the communities of West Yorkshire and the North West. These consist of 8 secondary academies, 3 primaries, 2 all-through academies and a standalone sixth form academy.
We are a School Direct lead school, working in partnership with Leeds Trinity University, and offer a PGCE programme in most secondary subjects.
Our programme offers:
- school based training in our successful, aspirational and dynamic academies
- placements where you will train to teach students who learn and behave exceptionally well
- an innovative and high-quality programme based on current educational research
- bespoke subject knowledge development
coaching that helps you to make faster progress
- tremendous support from our academies and Dixons Teaching Institute
- fantastic employment opportunities within Dixons Academies Trust
Links to more information about our school
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence
- 2:2 or above in a relevant degree and good and relevant A Levels
- DBS check required
No - Candidates will be accompanied at all times when in school.
- Ripley Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD5 7RR
Yes - on site parking provided
There is a car park and onstreet parking outside the school is free and unrestricted.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Design and technology
- Physical education
- Religious education