Paddington Academy is the lead school for United Teaching National SCITT which offers salaried and non-salaried training routes for trainee teachers across our partnership and placement schools. Our mission is to ensure that every student is well-educated, has the opportunity to attend university, and is able to lead a happy and fulfilled life. Our focus is on outstanding learning for students, education with character and bringing out the ‘best in everyone’. We believe in a relentless focus on high achievement and our culture is built on foundational values of ‘excellence, hard work and integrity’.
We are clear that there are no excuses for underachievement. We aim to identify barriers that may be standing in the way of achievement, understand them in relation to our context and focus on breaking them down. We specialise in knowing our community and how best to support our learners.
As the lead school for United Teaching, we know the impact of great teachers on student progress and learning. We use evidence to inform our teaching practices and professional development to ensure we are striving for excellence within our subject curriculum and classroom practices, recognising that we can all use feedback to improve our practice.
About our school experience
• Welcome presentation on Paddington Academy and United Teaching ITT programme
• Tour of the school and lesson drop-ins
• Opportunity to meet with current trainee teachers and early career teachers
• Opportunity to meet with United Teaching mentors
• Opportunity to meet with members of the Paddington Academy Junior Leadership Team
- Start and finish times
- 8:45am to 11.15am
- Dress code
- Teacher training
United Teaching National SCITT offers both salaried and non-salaried training routes for trainee teachers across our partnership and placement schools
Links to more information about our school
- Paddington Academy website
- Paddington Academy Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Paddington Academy
- Performance information: Paddington Academy
- Teacher training: Paddington Academy
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- 50 Marylands Road, London, W9 2DR
Not available on site
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Languages (other)
- Physical education
- Religious education