Trinity Academy Halifax
Trinity MAT schools are an exciting and inspirational place to be. We offer school experience placements in Trinity Academy Halifax and Trinity Academy Cathedral in Wakefield. We believe that there are many factors that contribute to this unique environment – from our distinct Christian ethos, to our innovative curriculum and approach to rewarding students.
We are here to make a difference to the North Halifax and Wakefield communities. Our vision is to inspire each and every student to achieve their potential through high-quality teaching provided within an environment led by our Christian values.
Cathedral Academy has the added benefit of housing Cathedral Academy of Performing Arts (CAPA).
We are an outstanding MAT with well above average results!
About our school experience
- Applicants have the opportunity to observe lessons within their specialist area. We ask that as part of the experience, you take on a support assistant role so that you can interact with students and support where necessary. This will support your confidence with interacting with students.
- Start and finish times
8:00am to 2:30pm
We do allow flexibility depending on your needs
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
Trinity Institute of Education.
We run a School Direct course in partnership with The National Institute of Teaching and Calderdale and Kirklees Teaching School Hub. We offer a 1-year course that achieves a PGCE with QTS and 60 credits towards a Masters.
Our course provides 2 placements and 3 shorter placements from across schools in West Yorkshire.
Follow us on:
Links to more information about our school
- Trinity Academy Halifax website
- Trinity Academy Halifax Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Trinity Academy Halifax
- Performance information: Trinity Academy Halifax
- Teacher training: Trinity Academy Halifax
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence
- They must meet our course entry requirements: a grade C/level 4 in GCSE maths and English and an honours degree of a 2:2 or above. If qualifications are from overseas, a statement of comparability must be provided. N.B. We do not offer Visa Sponsorship for potential applicants.
- DBS check required
Yes - when in school. You must purchase a DBS in order to carry out school experience within our school.
We have availability across 2 of our MAT schools; Trinity Academy Halifax and Trinity Academy Cathedral in Wakefield.
From September 2021 to July 2022, we have availability during the following months:
4th January 2022- 18th February 2022
1st March 2022 - 8th April 2022
19th April 2022 - 27th May 2022
May 2022 - June 2022 is our busiest exam period. We will try to accommodate school experience wherever possible, but there may be some dates requested that we are unable to support.
- School experience type
- In school
- Shay Lane, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX2 9TZ
Yes - on site parking provided
Trinity Academy - visitor spots or parking across the road
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Physical education
- Religious education