Orchards Academy is part of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT). It's Lead School is Rainham School for Girls providing secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training. Applicants can gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a PGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
We offer a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
We support trainees in finding a suitable newly qualified teaching (NQT) post. All previous trainees have gained employment.
About our school experience
- Individual requirements:
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Unfortunately we are unable to offer in-school experience during Covid restrictions, but we would like to offer you the opportunity of a 1-1 virtual session or a telephone call to provide more information about our school-based teacher training programme and to answer any questions you have about getting into teaching and the application process.
- Art and design, Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Drama, English, Geography, History, Maths, Physical education, Physics, and Spanish