About our school experience
- Unfortunately we are unable to offer in-school experience during Covid restrictions, but we would like to offer you the opportunity of a 1-1 virtual session or a telephone call to provide more information about our school-based teacher training programme and to answer any questions you have about getting into teaching and the application process.
- Start and finish times
8:15am to 3:00pm
Please email SCITT@tkat.org for flexible times that are convenient with you.
- Dress code
- No dress code supplied
- Teacher training
The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) SCITT is an accredited ITT Provider offering secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training awarding Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a PGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
TKAT is one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the South of England with over 40 secondary and primary schools. Our School Direct Lead Schools within our ITT partnership are Debden Park High School, Rainham School for Girls and Chichester High School. Please visit our website for a full list of our ITT partner schools.
In 2014, Ofsted judged the TKAT SCITT to be 'Good' in all categories and said "A very coherent training programme which ensures that trainees carry through the lessons learned from central training and assignment work into their teaching".
TKAT SCITT offers a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
TKAT support trainees in finding a suitable newly qualified teaching (NQT) post. All previous trainees have gained employment.
Links to more information about our school
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- St Mary's Road, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7TE
Not available on site
N/A - Virtual experience
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Physical education