About our school experience
* Welcome/meet and greet
* Tour of Orchards Academy
* Brief outline of our school-based teacher training programme with Q&A
* A lesson observation in the subject you wish to teach.
- Start and finish times
- 8:30am to 11:30am
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) SCITT is an accredited ITT Provider offering secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training awarding Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a PGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
TKAT is one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the South of England with over 40 secondary and primary schools. Our School Direct Lead Schools within our ITT partnership are Debden Park High School, Rainham School for Girls and Chichester High School. Please visit our website for a full list of our ITT partner schools.
In March 2022, Ofsted judged the TKAT SCITT to be 'Good' in all categories and said "A very coherent training programme which ensures that trainees carry through the lessons learned from central training and assignment work into their teaching".
TKAT SCITT offers a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
TKAT SCITT support trainees in finding a suitable early career teachers (ECT) post.
Links to more information about our school
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- St Mary's Road, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7TE
Not available on site
Car park on site.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Physical education