Highsted Grammar School
About our school experience
We would like to offer candidates a morning's school experience which includes:
* a welcome/meet and greet with the Professional Mentor and subject teacher;
* meet with past and present SCITT trainees (if available);
* a lesson observation in the subject you wish to teach.
- Start and finish times
- 10.00am to 11.35am
- Dress code
- Teacher training
Highsted Grammar School is a partner of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT). It is a School Direct Lead School providing secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training. Applicants can gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a PGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
We offer a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
Links to more information about our school
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Photo identification: A current passport or driving licence - TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expects all staff, trainees and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Highsted Road, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 4PT
Yes - on site parking provided
Car park on site
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Business studies
- Design and technology