King Harold Business & Enterprise Academy
King Harold Academy is a partner school of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT). Its School Direct Lead school is Debden Park High School which provides secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training.
Applicants can gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a DLPGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the DLPGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
We offer a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
About our school experience
- Our half day school experience offers candidates an opportunity to observe a lesson, speak with the teacher(s) and our current/previous TKAT SCITT trainee(s) (where possible) to find out if teaching is for them. Candidates will not be required to teach.
- Start and finish times
9.00am to 11.00am
Please email email@example.com
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) SCITT. Find out more about our teacher training
Links to more information about our school
- King Harold Business & Enterprise Academy website
- King Harold Business & Enterprise Academy Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: King Harold Business & Enterprise Academy
- Performance information: King Harold Business & Enterprise Academy
- Teacher training: King Harold Business & Enterprise Academy
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Please do not enter the school if you are showing symptoms of Covid, and ideally, you should take a Lateral Flow Test prior to attending. If you are unable to attend your visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Broomstick Hall Road, Waltham Abbey, Essex, EN9 1LF
Yes - on site parking provided
Enter the school site through the top gate and ring the buzzer. Reception will open the gates for you.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)