About our school experience
Getting some classroom experience can help you to decide whether teaching is right for you - it could also strengthen your application. Get a taste of school life..
During your placement, you’ll usually have the opportunity to:
Talk to teachers about day-to-day school life
Observe teaching and pastoral work
Watch a range of lessons and age groups being taught.
The subjects we can offer an initial day of school experience in are:
Modern Foreign Language
Further days maybe arranged subject to availability.
- Start and finish times
- 9:30 am to 3:15pm
- Dress code
- Teacher training
The Grand Union Training Partnership
Links to more information about our school
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 25 miles of the school
- Photo identification: Please bring a form of photographic identification such as passport or driving licence.
- Must already have eligibility to work in the UK and must be applying to start teacher training in September of the next academic year.
- DBS check required
No - Candidates will be accompanied at all times when in school.
School Experience is available in term time and on specific days for the following subjects:
English - Thursday
History - Thursday
Geography - Wednesday
Maths - Wednesday
MFL - Wednesday
Sciences - Thursday
- School experience type
- In school
- Brackley Road, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 6DJ
Not available on site
Long stay car park, Towcester, NN12 7AD
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18