Manor Church of England Academy
Great teaching changes lives
We work with trust schools in aiming to create a culture of excellence, by being relentless in providing the very best for our children and students. We believe that given the right support, in the right environment, all young people can thrive and make excellent progress. For us, what matters most is the distance travelled, not where the children end up.
About our school experience
We tailor our school experience day to meet your needs. During our face-to-face sessions you will be given an opportunity to:
Observe and discuss a lessons in your chosen phase/subject
Gain insights into the life of a school teacher
Discuss training with Hope Sentamu Learning Trust and York St John University
Gain more information about our School Direct programme
Speak to a lead practitioner about career progression within teaching
Ask questions about your next steps into teaching, including the application process, your personal statement and the interview process
- Start and finish times
9:00am to 12:30pm
We can tailor the start and finish times to meet your needs.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We are the lead school for a School Direct programme through Hope Sentamu Learning Trust
Links to more information about our school
- Manor Church of England Academy website
- Manor Church of England Academy Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Manor Church of England Academy
- Performance information: Manor Church of England Academy
- Teacher training: Manor Church of England Academy
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
We will host School Experience Days throughout the academic year. We can try to tailor the dates of school experience sessions to meet your availability.
- School experience type
- In school
- Millfield Lane, Nether Poppleton, York, North Yorkshire, YO26 6PA
Yes - on site parking provided
Parking may be available at the school.
- Disability and access details
Our school is accessible to visitors with disabilities, including lifts, remote doors and disabled car parking.
- School phases
- Primary (4 to 11), Secondary (11 to 16)
- Physical education
- Religious education