Debden Park High School
Debden Park High School is an Outstanding School within The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT). It is a School Direct Lead School providing secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training. Applicants can gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a DLPGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the DLPGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
We offer a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
About our school experience
- Individual requirements:
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Photo identification: A current passport or driving licence - TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expects all staff, trainees and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Please do not enter the school if you are showing symptoms of Covid, and ideally, you should take a Lateral Flow Test prior to attending. If you are unable to attend your visit, please contact the ITT Administrations Manager as soon as possible.
We would like to offer candidates a three-hour school experience which includes:
* a welcome/meet and greet with the Delivery Programme Lead;
* meet with past and present SCITT trainees (if available);
* a lesson observation in the subject you wish to teach.
- Art and design, Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Design and technology, Drama, English, French, Geography, History, Maths, Music, Physics, Religious education, and Spanish