The Roseland Academy
About our school experience
The single day school experience events will enable candidates to make well informed decisions about pursuing the teacher training application process.
A typical day will include:
- introduction to The Roseland Trust and the Trust vision, mission and values;
- overview of the start and end of school routines;
- guided learning walks within the relevant subject areas and beyond;
- information about The Roseland Academy's role as lead school for Cornwall SCITT and the Trust's provision for Teacher Training;
- guided reflection on highlights and opportunity to ask questions;
- summary discussion about professional skills, career opportunities, current skills & knowledge and advice associated with the application process;
- an opportunity to explore further visits, links or assistance with the Teacher Training process.
In addition, where specific school pre-calendared activities may be taking place, consideration would be given to these where relevant, to maximise the school experience event for a candidate.
If a candidate is particularly interested in finding something specific or seeing a range of subjects so as to understand more how their degree might fit with the secondary school curriculums, please, put it into the request form and the school would respond according to their capacity.
- Start and finish times
8.30 to 3.15
We can collaborate with the candidates to agree mutually convenient times to support their school experience.
- Dress code
Cover up tattoos, Smart casual
- Teacher training
The Roseland Academy is a lead school for the school direct programme and work with Cornwall SCITT as the accredited body.
Also, The Roseland Academy considers placements for other ITT providers.
Links to more information about our school
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: A valid photo ID e.g. passport or driving licence
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Tregony, Truro, Cornwall, TR2 5SE
Not available on site
Candidates can park on the main public road outside the school premises.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Design and technology
- Physical education