|Date||School phase||Experience type|
|6 June 2023||
|In school||Start request|
East Wickham Primary Academy
East Wickham Primary Academy is a 3-form entry school with a maximum of 630 children in the main school. The keystages are split across two buildings separated by a field. The children are divided by age into 21 classes. Classes have a maximum number of 30 children per class. In addition to this we also have a 52 place nursery provision that offers 3 hour morning sessions.
Working with our teachers, we have a number of highly skilled teaching assistants to support and work alongside the children. We have a large pastoral team consisting of a Learning Mentor, two ACE tutors and a Family Liaison Officer.
As a school we employ a Specialist Speech and Language therapist who will assess children and provide support to both the teachers and parents. She works alongside Bexley's Joint Communication Team, ensuring that children with speech and language programs are effectively making progress.
About our school experience
- Our half day school experience offers candidates an opportunity to observe a lesson, speak with the teacher(s) and our current/previous TKAT SCITT trainee(s) (where possible) to find out if teaching is for them. Candidates will not be required to teach.
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 12.00pm
Please contact the TKAT SCITT Administrator to discuss flexible arrangements.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
East Wickham Primary Academy is a partner school of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) who offer a bespoke training programme in both secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training. Applicants can gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a Distance Learning Postgraduate Certificate in Education (DLPGCE) with Masters' credits.
Links to more information about our school
- East Wickham Primary Academy website
- East Wickham Primary Academy Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: East Wickham Primary Academy
- Performance information: East Wickham Primary Academy
- Teacher training: East Wickham Primary Academy
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence - TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expects all staff, trainees and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Please do not enter the school if you are showing symptoms of Covid, and ideally, you should take a Lateral Flow Test prior to attending. If you are unable to attend your visit, please contact the ITT Administrations Manager as soon as possible.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Wickham Street, Welling, Kent, DA16 3BP
Not available on site
Street parking is available outside the school.
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Primary (4 to 11)