|Date||School phase||Experience type|
|8 November 2022||
|In school||Start request|
About our school experience
The aim of the school experience days are to
- Show what a school is like
- To provide information on the routes into teaching
- Answer any individual questions on the teacher training process.
All school experience days include
- A session on the routes into teaching, by our experts.
- An opportunity to meet and chat with current trainee teachers.
- At least three lesson observations, we will aim for those to be within the subject area you were hoping to teach.
From the routes into teaching session you will gain information on school direct, uni led PGCE, teaching apprenticeships, the application process, the interview process, what to do to gain experience, finance and bursaries.
By meeting a trainee or an NQT you get to find out what the training year is really like and ask pertinent questions.
The time in the classroom will allow you to see if teaching is for you, and get to have a snapshot of the great provision the school provides for the pupils.
- Start and finish times
8:30 to 13:00
Please let us know if you have any other requirements
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We are a member of Trent Valley Teaching School Alliance TVTSA and are a partner school for the school direct programme. Tuxford Academy an Ofsted outstanding academy as well as a designated OLEVI centre of excellence is the lead school for TVTSA.
Links to more information about our school
- We would only like candidates to attend experience days with a genuine interest in becoming a teacher. Preferably they will live within 20 miles of the schools within our teaching school alliance, and have an interest in training at one of those schools. We are aware that it is very difficult to obtain observational time within school, and want to allow people to see the fantastic job that teachers do on a day to day basis, with this in mind as an alliance we have a number of school experience opportunities available please visit https://www.tvtsa.co.uk/get-into-teaching/school-experience-programme/ or email SEP@TVTSA.co.uk for the full list of experience available.
- DBS check required
Yes - Sometimes. Candidates will be escorted around the school so no DBS is required for the day. If agreed with the faculty an additional 2 days can be organised without a DBS. If more school experience days are arranged, then a DBS must be provided, which the candidate must obtain themselves.
- Admin fees
£10.00 One-off, The fee is to be paid by bank transfer. The bank details and how to pay will be within the acknowledgement email. The fee will need to be paid within five days of making a booking to secure your place on the experience day.
This is to cover administration for the day only.
- Harlaxton Road, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 7JR
Yes - on site parking provided
There is a car park on site. If this is full you can park on the road.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Physical education
- Religious education