‘Excellence Through Endeavour', our school motto, perfectly communicates our belief that through hard work and determination every pupil is able to achieve things they didn’t think were possible.
Supported by the exceptionally high results achieved at both GCSE and A Level, we enable our pupils to exceed expectation in every aspect of their life and flourish as confident individuals.
We are a truly inclusive school. We have a fully staffed physical disability resource and hearing impaired resource that enables pupils from West Berkshire and surrounding counties to be part of the Kennet community.
We are relentlessly ambitious for our pupils who thrive through our mantra of high expectations, hard work, respect for themselves and each other, and personal aspiration to improve the world around them.
About our school experience
- Whilst you are at Kennet for the day you will spend time in your chosen subject area. You will observe a range of lessons at Key Stage 3 and 4. You will also meet the department and find out about their curriculum. You will also have the chance to take a tour around the school and see the school site from the pupils' perspective. In addition, you will also have the chance to meet with the ITTCo or Deputy Head in charge of ITE to ask questions about the support you will receive by both the university provider and Kennet School.
- Start and finish times
- 8.45am to 3.45pm
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We offer Initial Teacher Training through two providers - The Downland Alliance and University of Reading. The Downland Alliance is our School Direct ITT route and the University of Reading is our traditional PGCE ITT route.
Links to more information about our school
- Kennet School website
- Kennet School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Kennet School
- Performance information: Kennet School
- Teacher training: Kennet School
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Stoney Lane, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG19 4LL
Yes - on site parking provided
Limited parking available on site.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Design and technology
- Religious education