About our school experience
- Your school experience will include a number of different activities. These will include an introduction to the faculty in the subject you wish to train, a meeting with the mentor in this subject area, observations of lessons, a tour of the school and the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
- Start and finish times
- 8.30am to 3.00pm
- Dress code
- Teacher training
Aston Academy is the lead school for Aston Community Education Trust (ACET) School Direct. The trust has three secondary schools and eight primary schools covering Rotherham and Derbyshire. We have many other schools in our School Direct partnership across Rotherham, Derbyshire an Sheffield.
We are an ambitious trust who strive for excellence in all areas and our work with trainee teachers is no different. Our successes have been recognised by Ofsted who have judged us as a good provider.
We work with both Sheffield Hallam University and the University of Sheffield. We have long standing and close relationships with both universities.
Links to more information about our school
- Aston Academy website
- Aston Academy Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Aston Academy
- Performance information: Aston Academy
- Teacher training: Aston Academy
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course. Must have a degree
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times. Safeguarding is a priority at Aston Academy and anyone without a current DBS will wear a red identity tag and be accompanied by a member of staff at all times.
We offer school experience days three times in an academic year. Depending on your subject the day will be different as the days have been chosen to maximise your experience.
The three experience weeks we offer are:
Week commencing 25th November 2019 - November closed
Week commencing 13th January 2020 - January closed
Week commencing 23rd March 2020 - March closed
- School experience type
- Both Virtual and In school
- Aughton Road, Swallownest, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S26 4SF
Yes - on site parking provided
There is ample parking on site. We ask visitors not to park on the hatched area at the front of school.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Physical education
- Physics with maths
- Religious education