Park House School
Park House is a thriving 11 - 18 school of over 1,200 students. We are renowned for our arts provision and are lucky to have football and rugby academies. At Park House we are proud to have been recognised as an ‘exceptional school’. A school in which our ‘values-centred ambition for students’ means that:
• commitment to recognising each student’s success is evident in all aspects of school life
• rich and memorable experiences promote students’ good social, moral, spiritual and cultural development
• students’ well being and safety are at the heart of the school
These comments from our June 2016 and 2012 Ofsted Report help to explain why the Minister of State for Education has this year identified us in the top 100 state schools for continuous improvement. They also reflect our students’ fantastic progress and achievement and 'exemplary’ behaviour.
Our emphasis on an innovative, personally tailored curriculum with wide ranging enrichment activities and individual care create a culture of opportunity and achievement for every student throughout the school, whatever their ability or interests. As a result our students are excited by learning, feel valued as individuals and are encouraged throughout their time here to achieve their full potential. They also make a real difference to the lives of others in the local and wider community through their national award winning charity work.
About our school experience
- Individual requirements:
- Candidates need to live or plan to live within 30 miles of the school.
- Candidates must want to apply for teacher training at Park House School or with the Downland Alliance with whom PHS is affiliated.
- Candidates must have a degree.
During the day you will have the opportunity to meet with the Train to Teach coordinator and a recent trainee, where you can ask any questions about the process and what it is really like to be a teacher.
We will give you opportunities to see the school in action through observing lessons and talking to staff and students.
A plenary will give you the chance to ask any questions that arise during the day.
- Art and design, Biology, Business studies, Chemistry, Citizenship, Computing, Dance, Design and technology, Drama, Economics, English, French, Geography, Health and social care, History, Maths, Media studies, Music, Physical education, Physics, Psychology, and Spanish