South Craven School
South Craven School is a large, thriving and successful comprehensive school situated in Cross Hills.
Learning is placed firmly at the heart of the South Craven School community. Our main priority is to ensure our students have the best opportunities for success and the highest possible aspirations for the future. We are very proud of our excellent reputation in our local community and aspire to provide the highest quality of education for all of our students regardless of ability or background.
As a school we recognise our responsibility to provide young people with the skills and qualities they need to respond to the challenges of a fast changing world. We do this by promoting our South Craven Learner principles of Courage, Enquiry and Growth and focusing on preparing our students for life as active and productive citizens. We value each and every one of our students and aspire for them to achieve academically, socially and personally.
Our formula for success is built on partnership between home and school, teacher and student, school and community. We are also part of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance, where we work alongside a number of schools from Leeds and North Yorkshire.
I hope you will want to visit us and meet the people that make South Craven a success: our students, staff and Governors. We welcome your interest and invite you to come and see the school for yourselves.
About our school experience
- We offer a bespoke timetable per candidate based on the subject they are interested in teaching. Candidates will have the opportunity to observe different teaching styles and interact with pupils if appropriate.
- Start and finish times
9:30am to 3:10pm
We are able to provide a shorter day if required, however, we do ask that candidates arrive at 9:30am to be fully briefed for the day.
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
Red Kite Teacher Training offers school based routes into teaching through a partnership of Primary, Secondary and Special Schools based in and around Leeds, Harrogate and Skipton.
Our excellent Initial Teacher Training programmes are tailored to individual needs and aspirations. Whether you are a recent graduate, or you are considering a change of career, our courses will give you the best foundation for a great career in teaching.
Links to more information about our school
- South Craven School website
- South Craven School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: South Craven School
- Performance information: South Craven School
- Teacher training: South Craven School
- Candidates must meet the entry criteria for Red Kite Teacher Training courses and have the intention to apply to Red Kite Teacher Training.
- Eligibility includes a degree at 2.2 or above, relevant to the subject they want to teach and English and Maths GCSEs at grade C or above.
- We are unable to issue Visas and therefore can only accept applicants who are UK or EU citizens.
- Full entry criteria can be found here: https://bit.ly/32C26Me
- DBS check required
No - Candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Holme Lane, Cross Hills, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD20 7RL
Yes - on site parking provided
Please park in the Visitor Car Park at the school.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18