Thorndown Primary School
We are a thriving and caring community school serving a wide ranging community with over 550 pupils.
We liken Thorndown to a small village; the children, staff, parents, grandparents, governors and our many visitors are all part of a supportive and caring community. We are a highly inclusive school and ensure that everyone is able succeed in a place where they feel safe, happy and valued.
Our KS2 and KS1 SATs, in addition to the percentage of our children who achieve a ‘Good Level of Development’ in Reception are improving year on year. The Year 1 Phonics scores also continue to go from strength to strength. Through our links with Cambridge Maths Hub and University of Bedfordshire, we support other schools from within the county and beyond, and welcome many visitors to share our Thorndown magic.
About our school experience
- Candidates will have the opportunity to work with class teachers and their children to observe sessions and undertake a range of classroom activities with the support of the teacher they are working with
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 3.30pm
This can be negotiated with your teacher/our school partnership lead
- Dress code
Business dress, Smart casual
- Teacher training
We are a school direct lead school in affiliation with the University of Bedfordshire
Links to more information about our school
- Thorndown Primary School website
- Thorndown Primary School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Thorndown Primary School
- Performance information: Thorndown Primary School
- Teacher training: Thorndown Primary School
- DBS check required
Yes - when in school. DBS check would be required prior to visiting
This school has not yet provided their availability for offering school experience. You can still request experience with this school and they will contact you when they have availability.
- School experience type
- Both Virtual and In school
- Hill Rise, St Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE27 6SE
Yes - on site parking provided
We have a large, secure car park that is accessible from the main road.
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Early years, Primary (4 to 11)