King's Academy Prospect
We are growing school of over 1000 students, on an exciting and rapid improvement journey. We serve a diverse and inclusive community and are are proud of our fully comprehensive intake, educating young people of all abilities and backgrounds.
We have a wonderful campus and facilities with extensive fields and sports facilities and are particularly proud of our vocational facilities, where we offer construction, mechanics, and hair and beauty.
About our school experience
- Candidates will be able to observe lessons, shadow teachers/pupils and understand our wider school environment by attending meetings and contributing to wider school life.
- Start and finish times
8.25 to 3.30
We can discuss individual needs with candidates.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
Two Counties Schools Direct Programme.
We also host PGCE students from the Universities of Reading and Brighton
Links to more information about our school
- King's Academy Prospect website
- King's Academy Prospect Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: King's Academy Prospect
- Performance information: King's Academy Prospect
- Teacher training: King's Academy Prospect
- DBS check required
Yes - when in school. Candidates should have a valid DBS check
- DBS check fees
£55.00 One-off, Bank transfer or cash
The fee covers the cost of carrying out your DBS check
- Cockney Hill, Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire, RG30 4EX
Yes - on site parking provided
Choice of two large car parks.
On several bus routes from Reading train station.
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Health and social care
- Media studies
- Physical education
- Social sciences