South Farnham School
South Farnham School, consisting of 848 pupils from 4 to 11 years, is situated on two sites, one in Menin Way and the other in The Bourne. It is an ‘Outstanding’ school, an RSHE hub, a Teaching School Hub and the Accredited Body for the Surrey South Farnham SCITT. South Farnham is the designated Academy Sponsor for the trust (South Farnham Educational Trust). Ofsted ranked the school as ‘Outstanding’ for the fourth time in a row in June 2012 commenting that pupils are given a rich and exciting programme of activities and tasks, matched accurately to their needs.
We work very closely with South Farnham SCITT where trainees can choose to apply for the Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) only programme or the PGCE with QTS. This one year programme includes local weekly professional studies training and placements in local schools.
During your time with us you will have the opportunity to:
• observe outstanding teaching and learning
• shadow a teacher in the day-to-day school life
• find out more about school direct teacher training
• find out more about the wider roles and responsibilities of teachers
About our school experience
- No information supplied
- Start and finish times
- 8:30am to 3:30pm
- Dress code
Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings, Smart casual
- Teacher training
Surrey South Farnham SCITT
Links to more information about our school
- South Farnham School website
- South Farnham School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: South Farnham School
- Performance information: South Farnham School
- Teacher training: South Farnham School
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
We offer career experience placements throughout the school year.
- School experience type
- In school
- Menin Way, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 8DY
Yes - on site parking provided
- School phases
- Primary (4 to 11)