Kesgrave High School
Kesgrave High School is proud of its inclusive structure, its broad and balanced curriculum and it has been designated both a National Teaching School and National Research School Partner. We are thoroughly committed to providing the best educational experience possibleand ensure all students are prepared for further study or the world of work.
Kesgrave High School is proud to be more than just a school. We are proud to serve the local community and regularly oversubscribed
At Kesgrave we trust our pupils, the ‘responsibility and behaviour of students is excellent.
Growing up as a young person in todays society is a huge undertaking and we have thought long and hard about the trying to narrow our ethos down to just three qualities.
Be positive. We feel being positive, adopting a positive mind-set and approach to all that we face in life gets us on the right path and moving towards success.
Be respectful. Respect for oneself, others, adults, elders and for our community goes a long way and if we all know how to treat each other and our environment, the world is a safer, kinder place.
Be your best. If everyone is their best what more can we ask?
About our school experience
- If you have a genuine interest in considering a career in teaching within the secondary sector, you will find a welcoming, supportive and cutting edge environment in which to observe outstanding lessons delivered by excellent classroom practitioners. We aim to arrange a visit where you will be able to observ differnt lesson and different year groups.Where possible, we will try to arrange for you to speak to a member of our team who has the up to date and relevant expertise in teacher training options. You will need to have obtained (or be working towards) an undergraduate degree classification of 2:2 or above. In the first instance, we will seek to offer a request of one day`s observation in the first instance. With this in mind, we do not require you to undergo a DBS check initially. There is no charge for an observational visit to our school.
- Start and finish times
9.15am to 3.30pm
Can be discussed on arrangement of a visit
- Dress code
Business dress, Remove piercings, Smart casual
- Teacher training
We run EAST SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training) an accredited Initial Teacher Training (ITT) Provider offering secondary (11-16 and 14-19) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training awarding Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
EAST SCITT has been formed and is run by a partnership of schools in Suffolk committed to excellence in the classroom. Established by three schools all judged at Outstanding or Good by OFSTED, we see EAST SCITT as the most effective way to find and develop future teachers to work in this vibrant county. We work closely with the University of Buckingham to offer the additional option to study for a Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with 60 Masters' credits, alongside QTS.
With us, you will gain confidence, skills and valuable experience. As a trainee teacher, you will work alongside qualified teachers and provide a range of teaching and learning to ensure the progress of our pupils. We welcome trainee teachers from a wide variety of backgrounds and experience – be it recent graduates from university, or experienced professionals looking to change their career.
We are really excited and proud to have recruited 46 trainee teachers overall to our Primary and Secondary Programmes, covering a range of phases/subjects including Primary; Maths; Computing; Biology; Chemistry; English; MFL; History; Business Studies; Design Technology, Psychology and Religious Education.
Links to more information about our school
- Kesgrave High School website
- Kesgrave High School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Kesgrave High School
- Performance information: Kesgrave High School
- Teacher training: Kesgrave High School
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 40 miles of the school
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
School experience days are generally available through the autumn term and spring term, Mondays to Thursdays. We require a minimum of 2 weeks` notice to arrange such visits. The discretion lies with the school to authorise such a request in all cases.
- School experience type
- In school
- Main Road, Kesgrave, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP5 2PB
Yes - on site parking provided
Parking is available on site
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Health and social care
- Media studies
- Physical education
- Religious education
- Social sciences