Minsthorpe Community College
About our school experience
Initially, you will spend a day in school experiencing life as a teacher and observing lessons in the subject you are interested in. During your visit you will be able to:
- observe different lessons and teaching styles
- see your subject area of interest being taught
- talk to other teachers and find out as much as you can about the profession
- interact and work with pupils
- talk to staff who run the YTCA SCITT and find out about our ITT provision and life as a trainee teacher
- ask any questions you may have.
Following this, if you would like to gain more experience, you can join our longer school experience programme for an immersive experience. We will give you details about these when you visit.
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 2.45pm
On request. Please liaise - you will be sent a schedule for your visit prior to the day.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
Yes, the Yorkshire Three Counties Alliance SCITT is based at Minsthorpe.
Links to more information about our school
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence
- Must have or be in their final year of a first (undergraduate) degree.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
We welcome any dates and would respond on a request-by-request basis. We close for the Easter holidays on the 12th April for two weeks. We also close for a week on the 24th May and finish for the summer holidays on 19th July.
- School experience type
- Both Virtual and In school
- Minsthorpe Lane, South Elmsall, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF9 2UJ
Yes - on site parking provided
Please park in the bottom visitor carpark near to the Sports and Fitness Centre. You will then need to walk back up the main road to the Main Reception and will be met by a member of staff.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Health and social care
- Physical education
- Religious education
- Social sciences