Hylands School is a partner school of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT). Its School Direct Lead School is Debden Park High School providing secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training. Applicants can gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a PGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
About our school experience
- Individual requirements:
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence.
- Should you no longer wish to attend at any time prior to the visit, please cancel your booking as soon as possible. This gives other candidates the opportunity to attend as places are limited, and more importantly, it avoids disruption to the teachers and pupils in the classroom.
- Candidates will be able to spend time in their specified department; observe lessons; talk to staff members and current/previous TKAT SCITT trainees (if available). Candidates will not be required to teach.
- Art and design, Biology, Chemistry, Dance, Design and technology, Drama, English, Geography, History, Maths, Music, and Physics