The Chauncy School
Our OUTSTANDING school is growing and we are looking ahead to the future. A school experience visit may lead to the opportunity to apply to one of our School Direct training programmes and if things go well on the day visit, we can extend the experience and offer direct support with applying for School Direct courses. However - we do urge you to make contact sooner rather than later - Ofsted judged Chauncy School OUTSTANDING in all five areas in our most recent inspection. We have a proud history of training teachers with nearly half of the current teaching team being trained with us as PGCE or School Direct students.
About our school experience
activities based on observations,
the opportunity to meet current and recent student teachers and a
meeting with a recruitment expect with the opportunity to ask questions.
- Start and finish times
8.15am to 3.00pm
We are flexible.Let us know if you need to alter the times.
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos
- Teacher training
We work in partnership with The University of Hertfordshire and run the School Direct PGCE programme for student teachers.
Links to more information about our school
- The Chauncy School website
- The Chauncy School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: The Chauncy School
- Performance information: The Chauncy School
- Teacher training: The Chauncy School
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 15 miles of the school
- They must complete and return a questionnaire from Chauncy before a day is offered. This will be emailed after we receive a request. Due to the high volume of requests, not all candidates are successful.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
We offer experience days from October until June. But, we do urge candidates to book a place early. Visits in later months leave little time for a successful applicant for a September 2021 traineeship. We will try our best to give you the day you have requested. However, all our departments do have preferred days. Virtual days are not available.
- School experience type
- Both Virtual and In school
- Park Road, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 0DP
Yes - on site parking provided
The best place to park is in our large carpark at the bottom of the drive. Then please make your way up to reception past the security gate.
- Disability and access details
We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Design and technology
- Media studies
- Physics with maths