|Date||School phase||Experience type|
|15 June 2023||
Physical education, Spanish, Music, Maths, Geography, French, English, Drama, Dance, Chemistry, and Art and design
|In school||Start request|
Hillview School for Girls
About our school experience
Candidates will observe a mentor time session, followed by observations of lessons in their chosen subject. All candidates are encouraged to interact with students when appropriate in lessons.
All candidates will have the opportunity to speak to teachers of their chosen subject, as well as discussing with the Professional Mentor the teacher training options offered at Hillview.
- Start and finish times
8.25am to 1.10pm
Please email SCITT@tkat.org and explain your circumstances. We always try to be as flexible as possible
- Dress code
- Teacher training
Hillview School for Girls is an ITT partner school with The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) providing secondary (11-16) school-based initial teacher training. Applicants can gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a PGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
We offer a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners
Links to more information about our school
- Hillview School for Girls website
- Hillview School for Girls Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Hillview School for Girls
- Performance information: Hillview School for Girls
- Teacher training: Hillview School for Girls
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Brionne Gardens, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 2HE
Yes - on site parking provided
There are two car parks, one accessed via the Royal Rise entrance and the other via Brionne Gardens.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Physical education