About our school experience
- King Alfred's Academy can offer up to 3 days free of charge School Experience visitors over a range of subjects over selected weeks in the academic year. Longer than 3 days would be charged at £10 plus VAT each day. No DBS check required. Meet and greet with the Deputy Headteacher for advice on getting into teaching and the Oxfordshire school's SCITT programme. Also a Teaching School Administrator for one to one contact for providing information and documentation on the School Experience Day.
- Start and finish times
8:30am to 3:15pm
Please indicate on your Booking Form if you have any commitments in which can be taken into account when creating a Schools observation programme for you.
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Smart casual
- Teacher training
Links to more information about our school
- Photo identification: We will need to see a passport or photo driving licence
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
· 9th October - 11th October 2023 (3-day week) (observing years 7-11 only)
· 11th December - 13th December 2023 (3-day week) (observing years 7-10 only)
· 26th February - 28th February 2024 (3-day week) (observing years 7-10 only)
· 29th April - 1st May 2024 (3-day week) (observing years 7-10 only)
· 3rd June - 5th June 2024 (3-day week) (observing years 7-10 only)
- School experience type
- In school
- Portway, Wantage, Oxfordshire, OX12 9BY
Yes - on site parking provided
Centre Site there is NO parking on the school grounds for visitors nor in the Wantage Leisure Centre car park opposite the school.
Please use The Beacon car park which is situated next to Centre Site. The car park fees for The Beacon are as follows (from 1st April 2022) up to 1 hour free, up to 2 hours £1.50, 3 hours £2.10, 4 hours £4.10, 6 hours £5.10 and over 6 hours £6.10
Parking is available at West Site.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Health and social care
- Media studies
- Physical education
- Religious education