Bishop Rawstorne Church of England Academy
Bishop Rawstorne C of E Academy, is located on the edge of Croston village between Chorley and Leyland. The school is renowned, not only for its excellent results and outstanding status, but its reputation as a successful initial teacher training provider. Together with our alliance schools, we hold a long track record in supporting initial teacher training and shaping tomorrow's teachers.
We are looking for those who have not yet applied for, or accepted a place with another ITT provider and want to learn more about training to teach with the Bishop Rawstorne School Direct programme. On your school experience day you will observe lessons and have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the programme and teaching profession. We look forward to meeting you at this exciting time in education.
About our school experience
A school experience visit will enable you to see four lessons, subject specific where possible. Our Initial Teacher Training Lead will talk to you and tell you more about the outstanding programme on offer and also answer any questions. Additionally, you may get the chance to interact with the pupils and classroom activities.
- Start and finish times
- 08.45am to 1.30pm
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
Bishop Rawstorne School Direct Programme
Links to more information about our school
- Bishop Rawstorne Church of England Academy website
- Bishop Rawstorne Church of England Academy Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Bishop Rawstorne Church of England Academy
- Performance information: Bishop Rawstorne Church of England Academy
- Teacher training: Bishop Rawstorne Church of England Academy
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport, Driving Licence or Student ID card
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
We offer school experience visits throughout the year to English, maths, science, geography, history, RE, art, computing and music.
Please email Jane Prescott firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable date.
- School experience type
- In school
- Highfield Road, Croston, Leyland, Lancashire, PR26 9HH
Yes - on site parking provided
Visitors parking at the front of school
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)