Deyes High School
Deyes High School is the lead school for Associated Merseyside Partnership SCITT, it is an oversubscribed 11-18 High School, with more than 1400 students, serving Maghull and surrounding area.
About our school experience
Currently due to Coronavirus protocols we are operating both virtual and face to face school experience based on the needs of the school at the time.
Deyes High is the lead school for Associated Merseyside Partnership SCITT, a leading provider of primary and secondary ITT in the North West. Placements with us are typically one day long with the majority of the time being spent in the classroom in lessons. There will be some time to think about how to observe lessons effectively as well as some information on the different training routes. After that you will be able to watch a range of subject lessons taught to different age groups and talk to teachers and SCITT trainees about their experiences of day-to-day life in school. Our School Experience Application is a requirement before any visit is allowed, please use this link to the form, https://www.amp-scitt.lydiatelearningtrust.co.uk/contact/register-interest/
- Start and finish times
8.25am to 3.45pm
Our start time is fixed, but we are flexible on your finish time.
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos
- Teacher training
Deyes High School Direct and lead school for Associated Merseyside Partnership SCITT
Links to more information about our school
- Deyes High School website
- Deyes High School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Deyes High School
- Performance information: Deyes High School
- Teacher training: Deyes High School
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport or Driving Licence
- Complete our School Experience Volunteer Application Form
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
We are currently offering a Virtual School Experience, once schools have returned we will be looking to update this to an actual school experience. Our virtual experience would include a presentation from ourselves at AMP SCITT, the opportunity to view a virtual lesson and the possibility to meet a current trainee. To confirm a date please contact us direct at email@example.com
- School experience type
- Deyes Lane, Maghull, Liverpool, Merseyside, L31 6DE
Yes - on site parking provided
This is limited, and is distributed on a first come first served. On street parking is available near by.
- School phases
- Primary (4 to 11), Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Religious education