About our school experience
Candidates will be welcomed to our campus and receive a short induction, and overview of our LiFE MAT and Partners School Direct partnership. the candidates can expect to;
* observe subject specialists at all secondary Key Stages (3-5)
* be assigned with an experienced subject mentor for the day
*be provided with a range of resources to encourage self reflection and review
* a tour of the school
*meet with the Deputy Headteacher to discuss any aspects of the PGCE application process and the partnership interview days
*time at the end of the experience to feedback and ask questions
- Start and finish times
08.25 to 15.15
We can support any personal arrangements that a candidate may need to consider.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We are the LiFE MAT and Partners School Direct partnership and we also work very closely with most of the other Leicester city and county training providers.
Links to more information about our school
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport or Driving License is acceptable
- Evidence of a negative Later Flow Test within 24hrs of the SEP day will be required before being allowed on campus.
- DBS check required
No - Candidates will be accompanied at all times when in school.
Art Design and Technology
Business Computing and ICT
RE, Drama, Music and Media Studies, PE
Please email us if you are interested in any of these subjects, for latest availability.
- School experience type
- In school
- Admin fees
£25.00 One-off, The fee is paid in advance of the placement by bank transfer to: Lloyds Bank, sort code 30-15-97 Acct. No. 40226468 thank you.
The fee covers administration of the placement and the preparation of a welcome pack and useful resources for the placement and about teacher training.
- Leicester Lane, Desford, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE9 9JL
Yes - on site parking provided
Free parking on site.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Media studies
- Physical education
- Religious education
- Social sciences