Clacton County High School
Clacton County High School is an inclusive 11-19 comprehensive school with almost 1800 students across a split site. CCHS sits in the heart of our community and we are all incredibly proud of our achievements.
We believe that our students have an entitlement to a first class education and we provide them with the opportunities they need to excel. In return we expect them to work hard and respect and value others.
Our aim is to create the right environment where each student is able to maximise their potential to become a confident, independent and successful adult. We recognise that each student has individual strengths, needs and ambitions and we have the highest expectations.
More than just achieving good academic results, being a CCHS student is about having compassion and empathy for others, developing an understanding of the importance of community; local, national and global, and encouraging a ‘can-do’ attitude to any problems or challenges.
At CCHS we recognise that every student is unique and although we may not necessarily have identical beliefs or ideals; everyone matters. Respect for others regardless of background, faith, colour, race or gender is important; our school community is a family.
Through our PROUD values and ideals, shaped by our students; Perseverance, Responsibility, Opportunity, Unity and Diversity, we teach our students to be PROUD of what they do and what they achieve.
Higher Expectations; Raising Aspirations; Transforming Lives
About our school experience
- Welcome to Clacton County High School, a fully mixed ability comprehensive school in North East Essex. We are one of 10 local schools that are part of Sigma Trust. We work closely with North Essex Teacher Training (NETT) and have a huge amount of experience in teacher training over a significant period of time. We can offer experience in almost any curriculum subject, most of which would be from 11 to 18, with a wide variety of courses pre and post 16. Our staff will be able to give you the advice and support that you need for your next steps. Initially visits will be for one day and would be mainly lesson observation. This could result in a longer placement as necessary. No DBS would be required for the 1 day visit, but it would be for a longer placement and a fee for the relevant checks may be charged at that stage.
- Start and finish times
- 8.30 to 3.30
- Dress code
- Teacher training
Yes - part of NETT (North Essex Teacher Training)
Links to more information about our school
- Clacton County High School website
- Clacton County High School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Clacton County High School
- Performance information: Clacton County High School
- Teacher training: Clacton County High School
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
First week, Tuesday and Wednesday only (9th and 10th April)
- School experience type
- Both Virtual and In school
- Walton Road, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, CO15 6DZ
Yes - on site parking provided
Parking is available in the school car park or Clacton leisure centre which is adjacent to the school.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Health and social care
- Physical education
- Religious education