Cedar Mount Academy
Cedar Mount Academy is part of the Bright Futures Educational Trust and a key partner school for the Bright Futures SCITT which delivers Initial teacher training in the Early Years, Primary and Secondary sectors.
Please note that in order to qualify for our ITT course, you need to:
• Have a 2:2 honours degree containing 25-50% content of the subject you wish to teach
• Have GCSEs grade C/4 in English and Maths.
On a school experience day with us, you will have the opportunity to observe lessons and find out more about a career in teaching.
Please report to our main reception at Gorton Education Village, Wembley Road, Gorton at 8.30am. You will be asked to sign a code of professional conduct when you arrive. If you are driving, you will be able to park in the school carpark. If you are related to a pupil at the school, please let us know in advance.
About our school experience
Visitors will get to observe a range of lessons and teaching styles and will have the chance to interact with pupils.
Following their visit, all visitors will be invited to an online information evening about our teacher training programmes.
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 3.30pm
Ideally please attend for the full day but we can be slightly more flexible with the finishing time.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We run school-led teacher training programmes at our partner schools across Manchester.
Links to more information about our school
- Cedar Mount Academy website
- Cedar Mount Academy Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Cedar Mount Academy
- Performance information: Cedar Mount Academy
- Teacher training: Cedar Mount Academy
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Gorton Education Village, 50 Wembley Road, Gorton, Greater Manchester, M18 7DT
Yes - on site parking provided
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Design and technology