The Arthur Terry School
Arthur Terry School is one of the top performing Outstanding comprehensive schools in Birmingham and the base of an Outstanding Initial Teacher Training Programme (Arthur Terry SCITT). Newly rebuilt just over a decade ago, our school has extensive facilities and almost 2000 students, including a large sixth form.
Our SCITT is one of only a small handful of Ofsted-rated Outstanding providers nationally. We are look to train and recruit the very best people and have placement schools in the West Midlands, Staffordshire and Warwickshire, offering diverse experiences in both rural and urban settings.
We are now recruiting for highly motivated graduates, for both Primary/EYFS and most Secondary school subjects. We welcome applications from all walks of life, either straight out of University or those looking for a career change. Visit our website for more details about our course: https://arthurterryteachingschool.atlp.org.uk/train-to-teach/
About our school experience
- Arthur Terry SCITT provides a FREE school experience for one day initially (no charge) and for this we do not require DBS checks to be undertaken (although please bring a recent certificate if you have one). We offer experience in all secondary subjects, consisting of a variety of lesson observations from Year 7 to 13. We prioritise candidates who are looking to apply to our SCITT course but can accommodate others if capacity allows. Longer experiences are considered on a case by case basis following an initial day.
- Start and finish times
- 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We are a SCITT for most secondary subjects but also offer School Direct courses in conjuction with BCU in Computing, Art, Design & Technology and Music
Links to more information about our school
- The Arthur Terry School website
- The Arthur Terry School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: The Arthur Terry School
- Performance information: The Arthur Terry School
- Teacher training: The Arthur Terry School
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Photo identification: Passport or Driving Licence
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
Experience days are offered during term time on. Once your request has been received you will be sent a date to attend. School experience is for 1 day only.
- School experience type
- In school
- Kittoe Road, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B74 4RZ
Yes - on site parking provided
Parking is limited on our school site. If arriving by car, please enter through Beaton Road as we have a one way system in operation.
We are located a 5 minute walk from Butlers lane train station which is on the cross city line from Birmingham New St to Lichfield.
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Physical education
- Physics with maths
- Religious education