The Arthur Terry School
About our school experience
- Arthur Terry SCITT provides a FREE school experience for one day initially (no charge) and for this we do not require DBS checks to be undertaken (although please bring a recent certificate if you have one). We offer experience in all secondary subjects, consisting of a variety of lesson observations from Year 7 to 13. We prioritise candidates who are looking to apply to our SCITT course but can accommodate others if capacity allows. Longer experiences are considered on a case by case basis following an initial day.
- Start and finish times
- 8.40am to 3.05pm
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We are a SCITT for most secondary subjects but also offer School Direct courses in conjuction with BCU in Computing, Art, Design & Technology and Music
Links to more information about our school
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Photo identification: Passport or Driving Licence
- DBS check required
No - Candidates will be accompanied at all times when in school.
Experience days are offered during term time on. Once your request has been received you will be sent a date to attend. School experience is for 1 day only.
- School experience type
- In school
- Admin fees
£60.00 One-off, If required, you will be expected to pay the fee in full by bank transfer.
Should we request that you complete a DBS clearance, this fee will cover the administration costs.
- Kittoe Road, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B74 4RZ
Yes - on site parking provided
Parking is limited on our school site. If arriving by car, please enter through Beaton Road as we have a one way system in operation.
We are located a 5 minute walk from Butlers lane train station which is on the cross city line from Birmingham New St to Lichfield.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Religious education