St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester
BWCET - Our partnership of Catholic schools has extensive experience of working with student teachers and can provide excellent school placement opportunities. All of our Lead Schools have outstanding practice in learning and teaching with specialist staff in all curriculum areas. Importantly, all of our schools have exceptional pupil behaviour which means our trainee teacher can really concentrate, first and foremost, on their teaching.
We have trained facilitators across our partnership who will deliver the professional studies programme, alongside our accredited providers, to all trainees. Our wealth of experience in training teachers means our mentoring and support for new staff is second to none: a comprehensive training and support programme begins on the very first day of term in September.
Having also a proven track record of successful school to school support, with key staff designated as National and Specialist Leaders of Education, means our schools will ensure your continuing professional development needs are addressed.
Every aspect of the programme is aimed at developing you as a Professional. Schools are looking to employ the best teachers, those that are aware of the current demands of teaching as a profession.
Our ‘Education and Professional Studies’ will address assessment and reporting, special education needs, classroom organisation and management, pupil behaviour, the professional responsibility of teachers, current school and curriculum issues.
You will be allocated a subject mentor from our staff with vast experience to support you through the year. These outstanding classroom practitioners will introduce you to school life and help you to learn how to teach your subject and also provide you with regular feedback and guidance to improve.
By choosing to complete your training at BWCET / St Bede’s Catholic School & Sixth Form College you will be immersed in school life from the outset, interacting with students and learning first hand from outstanding teachers.
We provide an innovative initial teacher training programme which will develop all aspects of your teaching repertoire and thoroughly prepare you for your NQT year.
You will practise a broad range of skills in a bespoke training programme that will aim to develop you into an outstanding practitioner from the outset.
St Bede’s works closely with Durham SCITT (School Centre Initial Teacher Training). You will also complete a Primary placement and Placement B at a chosen Secondary School.
By choosing to train with St Bede’s, you will be working with other enthusiastic and talented trainees as well as outstanding staff.
About our school experience
- Individual requirements:
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
The aim of the day is to give potential School Direct applicants an opportunity to:
· Find out further information regarding the School Direct route into teaching and placement vacancies;
· Gain experience in the classroom and watch lessons in a 'World Class' school;
· Strengthen your ITT application;
· Prepare for potential interviews;
· Talk to teachers about day-to-day school life
- Art and design, Biology, Business studies, Chemistry, Computing, Design and technology, English, French, Geography, History, Maths, Music, Physical education, Physics, Religious education, and Spanish
For more information about our school:
- St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester website
- St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester
- Performance information: St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester
- Teacher training: St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester