|Date||School phase||Experience type|
|14 June 2023||
|In school||Start request|
Reach Academy Feltham
Reach Academy Feltham is an all-through school serving pupils aged 2-18 in South West London. The vision of the school is to support our pupils to develop the skills, attitudes and academic qualifications to live lives of choice and opportunity. The school is 30 minutes from Waterloo in the borough of Hounslow.
Reach opened in 2012 and has quickly developed an excellent reputation. It was judged outstanding in 2014 and has achieved strong results across the board, including the 16th best GCSE results in the country in 2017.
The school has a strong track record of training and developing teachers. We have trained more than 50 teachers via Schools Direct, Now Teach, Researchers in Schools and Teach First in Primary and Secondary and across a range of subjects.
The school has particular expertise in curriculum design - more than 100 schools around the country subscribe to use our History and Geography curriculum - and community engagement - we work closely with families and the wider community.
In addition the school has developed an innovative cradle to career model to support the whole community. The Reach Children’s Hub offers expertise in working with parents and the community.
About our school experience
Our aim is for you to immerse yourselves in the school for a short time to give you the best idea possible of what it is like to be a teacher in our community.
Your day will follow this structure:
1) Introduction to the day and a guide as to how to make the most your experience
2) A learning walk where we make our way around a number of classrooms before we discuss key themes from what we have seen
3) Some time spent with a small group of students to give you a chance to get to know them and get a feel for what working with young people at our school could be like
4) Lunch with some current trainees to hear about their experiences of training
5) An information session about our training programme and the next steps you would need to take to get a place
There will be many opportunities to ask questions about teacher training or a career in teaching across the day.
- Start and finish times
9am (approx.) to 3pm (approx.)
if it is not possible to make these times, please do get in contact as it may be possible us to arrange alternative times on a case by case basis.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
we run a schools direct teaching training programme (accredited by South West Teacher Training) for both primary and secondary school teacher training.
Links to more information about our school
- Reach Academy Feltham Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Reach Academy Feltham
- Performance information: Reach Academy Feltham
- Teacher training: Reach Academy Feltham
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport or driving license
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- 53-55 High Street, Feltham, Middlesex, TW13 4AB
Not available on site
Unfortunately we have limited parking on site but visitors can park on nearby residential streets for free or at The Centre car park in Feltham at a cost.
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Early years, Primary (4 to 11), Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Business studies
- Health and social care
- Physical education
- Religious education
- Social sciences