Crawshaw is a mixed 11-18 Academy with a comprehensive intake; the majority of whom live in the Pudsey Area. We have strong links with the Pudsey Community and work in partnership with Priesthorpe School at Post 16 level.
Crawshaw Academy became a member of Red Kite Learning Trust in March 2017 and now has access to fantastic training and resources to ensure our students benefit from the very best practice nationally.
We are an ambitious and continually improving school. Our examination results in 2015,16,17 and 18 illustrate this, with significant improvements at GCSE and Advanced Level. Equality of opportunity is central to the Crawshaw ethos and our most recent examination results demonstrate how we have closed the gaps in achievement between our most advantaged and most disadvantaged young people.
About our school experience
- We offer a bespoke timetable per candidate based on the subject they are interested in teaching. Candidates will have the opportunity to observe different teaching styles and interact with pupils if appropriate.
- Start and finish times
9am to 3pm
Finish times are flexible but we would prefer candidates to arrive for the start time so they are correctly briefed.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
Red Kite Teacher Training offers school based routes into teaching through a partnership of Primary, Secondary and Special Schools based in and around Leeds, Harrogate and Skipton.
Our excellent Initial Teacher Training programmes are tailored to individual needs and aspirations. Whether you are a recent graduate, or you are considering a change of career, our courses will give you the best foundation for a great career in teaching.
Links to more information about our school
- Crawshaw Academy website
- Crawshaw Academy Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Crawshaw Academy
- Performance information: Crawshaw Academy
- Teacher training: Crawshaw Academy
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Robin Lane, Pudsey, West Yorkshire, LS28 9HU
Yes - on site parking provided
There is limited visitor parking at the front of school so please follow the signs for the sports hall.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Religious education