Parkland Primary School South Wigston
About our school experience
- Candidates can immerse themselves in the school environment and work alongside/with the teacher and school staff to experience life in the primary classroom. This will include observing and joining in with lessons, learning about the curriculum, working with small groups of children, and following a class throughout the day. You will be able to join in with break times and extra curricular activities depending on the timetable , as well as talk to teachers and trainees about the Inspiring Leaders ITT programme.
- Start and finish times
9am to 3pm
Please advise if these times need adjusting for your circumstances.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We are part of the Discovery Schools hub for Inspiring Leaders in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. We offer three courses Primary EYFS, Primary 5-11 and Primary with Maths. All courses give you QTS and PGCE and we are Outstanding with Ofsted (2017).
Links to more information about our school
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: 3 x forms of ID must be shown, for example Passport, Driving Licence and Birth Certificate. Email Penny for more information.
- Candidates must not have 3 offers from providers other than ours
- DBS check required
No - Candidates will be accompanied at all times when in school.
- St Thomas Road, Wigston, Leicestershire, LE18 4TA
Yes - on site parking provided
We do have a small carpark at the school and there is alternative parking on Countesthorpe Road, just round the corner from the school.
- School phases
- Early years, Primary (4 to 11)