King's Leadership Academy Warrington
We are the lead school for school direct in partnership with Edge Hill University. Our school has been given an outstanding grading by Ofsted. Our mission can be broken down into four pillars:
We provide a high quality, inclusive curriculum which is vocabulary-led, knowledge-rich, broad and balanced, with a very high uptake of the English Baccalaureate, over twice the national average.
To transform life chances we have to transform habits. The Trust’s educational model actively shapes habits of daily punctuality and attendance together with a highly positive attitude to learning so as to maximise the time available to develop a strong core of academic skills.
Qualities of Character
The trust’s ASPIRE code provides a values-led decision-making framework that helps students codify their behaviour and gain a better perspective on life
Qualities of Leadership
The development of character through the vehicle of leadership is the cornerstone of our specialism through a plethora of leadership and character-building opportunities to broaden their horizons and engage in a wider range of co-curricular experiences.
About our school experience
- Observation of lessons. Teacher support role in class. Observation and support of the extra-curricular activity. Support with applications for teacher training and experience of whole school training.
- Start and finish times
8.30 to 4.30
We will work with you to provide an experience that meets your needs and are happy to accommodate part time needs of candidates.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We are a school Direct Lead School working with Edge Hill University.
Links to more information about our school
- King's Leadership Academy Warrington website
- King's Leadership Academy Warrington Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: King's Leadership Academy Warrington
- Performance information: King's Leadership Academy Warrington
- Teacher training: King's Leadership Academy Warrington
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport or Driving Licence
- DBS check required
Yes - when in school. We will organise a DBS application before you start your school experience.
We offer experiences throughout the year and various lengths of experience.
- School experience type
- In school
- DBS check fees
£50.00 One-off, The amount will be requested by bank transfer.
The fee covers the cost of carrying out your DBS check.
- Hillock Lane, Woolston, Warrington, Cheshire, WA1 4PF
Yes - on site parking provided
We have a large school car park.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)