Thomas Bennett Community College
We are an inclusive community school that celebrates the diversity of our students and allows them to develop a clear understanding of why achievement matters to their future goals and aspirations.
We have high expectations and standards for our students, supporting them to achieve excellent academic outcomes, develop key life skills and expand their perspectives through our 7-year curriculum.
Our staff are highly skilled, with teaching and learning at the heart of all we do. Working with Stuart Smith, our Executive Headteacher, and through the cornerstone of ASPIRE, we seek to develop our students' achievements, self confidence, pride in themselves and their community, independence, respect for themselves as well as others and their effort as the key to success.
About our school experience
Candidates will be able to:
* spend time in their chosen department;
*observe a lesson;
* talk to staff members.
Candidates will not be required to teach.
- Start and finish times
- 8.15am to 12.30pm
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
Thomas Bennett Community College is a partner school of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) offering secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training. Applicants can gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a PGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
We offer a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
Links to more information about our school
- Thomas Bennett Community College website
- Thomas Bennett Community College Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Thomas Bennett Community College
- Performance information: Thomas Bennett Community College
- Teacher training: Thomas Bennett Community College
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Ashdown Drive, Tilgate, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 5AD
Yes - on site parking provided
Car park on site.
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)