Thomas Bennett Community College
About our school experience
Candidates will be able to:
* spend time in their chosen department;
*observe a lesson;
* talk to staff members.
Candidates will not be required to teach.
- Start and finish times
- 8.15am to 12.30pm
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
Thomas Bennett Community College is a partner school of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) offering secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training. Applicants can gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a PGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
We offer a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
Links to more information about our school
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Ashdown Drive, Tilgate, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 5AD
Yes - on site parking provided
Car park on site.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)