Drapers Mills Primary Academy
About our school experience
- Unfortunately we are unable to offer in-school experience during Covid restrictions, but we would like to offer you the opportunity of a 1-1 virtual session or a telephone call to provide more information about our school-based teacher training programme and to answer any questions you have about getting into teaching and the application process.
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 12.15pm
Please contact the SCITT Administrator prior to your visit to discuss any special requirements.
- Dress code
Cover up tattoos, Smart casual
- Teacher training
The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) provides secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training. Applicants can gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a PGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
Our ITT partner schools under our Kent Training Hub are:
*Cleeve Park School (School Direct Lead School)
*Dame Janet Primary Academy
*Drapers Mills Primary Academy
*Hillview School for Girls
*Kemnal Technology College
*Rainham School for Girls
*Thomas Bennett Community College
*Townley Grammar School
*East Wickham Primary Academy
*Gray’s Farm Primary Academy
*Hillsgrove Primary School
*Hilltop Primary Academy
*Horizon Primary Academy
*Napier Community Primary & Nursery Academy
*Newlands Primary School
*Northdown Primary Academy
*Salmestone Primary Academy
*Old Bexley CofE Primary School
*Royal Park Primary Academy
*Smarden Primary Academy
*St Paul's Cray CE Primary School
*St Paulinus CE Primary School
*The Bewbush Academy
*Weyfield Primary Academy
We also have two other Lead Schools: Debden Park High School (leading our Essex Training Hub) and Chichester High School (leading our Coast Training Hub).
We offer a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
We support trainees in finding a suitable newly qualified teaching (NQT) post. All previous trainees have gained employment.
Links to more information about our school
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- DBS check required
No - Candidates will be accompanied at all times when in school.
- St Peter's Footpath, Margate, Kent, CT9 2SP
Not available on site
Candidates will have to find alternative parking as there is no car parking facilities on the school site.
- School phases
- Primary (4 to 11)