Chorlton High School
At Chorlton High School we are committed to providing high quality educational opportunities for our local community.
Our vision is based on the belief that creativity is a vital component of lifelong learning. We nurture creativity and imagination throughout the school curriculum to help students discover the world, solve problems and visualise the future. These skills are as relevant to the scientist and the mathematician as they are to the musician or designer.
About our school experience
If you are interested in becoming a teacher it is very useful to gain experience in a high school setting.
Our School Experience Days (SEP) include:
• Introduction to the school-led route into teaching (School Direct)
• Time spent observing and interacting with a range of KS3 and GCSE classes.
• Opportunity to meet Subject Mentors and current School Direct trainee teachers.
• Future contact and application support from the Leader of Initial Teacher Training .
- Start and finish times
8:15am to 3:00pm
As a school follows a strict timetable, we are not able to accommodate visitors who are late and you may have your day cancelled.
We are able to accommodate most needs. Please make us aware of anything you may feel is relevant.
- Dress code
Business dress, Smart casual
- Teacher training
School Direct lead
Links to more information about our school
- Chorlton High School website
- Chorlton High School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Chorlton High School
- Performance information: Chorlton High School
- Teacher training: Chorlton High School
- Photo identification: any form of certified photo ID
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Nell Lane, Chorlton-Cum-Hardy, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M21 7SL
Yes - on site parking provided
There is ample parking onsite towards the front of the school marked visitors.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Design and technology
- Physical education
- Religious education