Outwood Academy Shafton
About our school experience
- Our academies offer career experience visits to help you decide if teaching is the career for you or to provide additional evidence prior to an application or interview. During your visit, you will be assigned a host teacher who you will shadow, allowing you to experience what life in the classroom is really like. There will be opportunities to speak with our students and, if suitable, to support them with their studies. In line with our safeguarding policy, we can offer up to three days in an academy, dependent on the academy capacity.
- Start and finish times
8:15am to 2:30pm
In your initial contact with our organisation, please confirm your availability.
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
We are recruiting trainee teachers through the National Institute of Teaching's initial teacher training programme. As founding partners of this new organisation, we are excited about collaborating with three other leading school trusts - Star Academies, Harris Federation and Oasis Community Learning. Together, we have selected what is best from our trusts' initial teacher development and built an immersive programme to equip our cohort of future teachers to inspire and develop children across the country
Links to more information about our school
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence.
- Alternatively, you must be working towards a degree.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
We offer career experience placements throughout the school year.
- School experience type
- In school
- Engine Lane, Shafton, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S72 8RE
Yes - on site parking provided
Please use the academy's car park.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Design and technology