Our Lady and St Joseph Catholic Primary School
Our vision is to provide outstanding Catholic primary education to all children that we are blessed to have in our care. We believe that positive values instilled during our children’s formative years will guide them through the rest of their lives, providing them with a firm foundation for success in whichever path is right for them.
It is our aim that children leave Our Lady & St Joseph Catholic Primary School as resilient, respectful, confident, thoughtful and independent young people, prepared for the next stage on their journey towards leading a fulfilled life in the presence of God.
We can achieve this aim by:
• Supporting all members of the school community in living out our mission statement
• Embedding our Gospel Values, linked to the Beatitudes, in all we do
• Developing knowledge and skills by providing a broad and balanced curriculum which engages all learners and fosters an enjoyment of learning
• Holding the highest expectations of all our children and knowing them well
• Nurturing the unique gifts and talents of each child and celebrating their successes with them
• Celebrating and valuing diversity
• Ensuring each child feels safe, valued and loved
• Teaching each child to appreciate God’s natural world as a source of awe and wonder
We also work in partnership with our families, supporting them in upholding the same high expectations and positive values in their home life, leading to unity and harmony between the home and school environments.
OLSJ is an associate partner in the LETTA Teaching School Alliance www.letta.org.uk
About our school experience
- Candidates will experience working in classrooms across at least two age phases.
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 3.45pm
Times may be flexible after discussion with the school
- Dress code
- Teacher training
LETTA is a School-centred initial teacher training provider (SCITT) working in close partnership with schools in Tower Hamlets and Newham. We share a common goal, which is to provide exceptional opportunities for the children and communities we serve. We design innovative and inspiring training and school improvement programmes. These are created using a personalised and collaborative approach, along with highly skilled practitioners, mentors, coaches and tutors.
Links to more information about our school
- Our Lady and St Joseph Catholic Primary School website
- Our Lady and St Joseph Catholic Primary School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Our Lady and St Joseph Catholic Primary School
- Performance information: Our Lady and St Joseph Catholic Primary School
- Teacher training: Our Lady and St Joseph Catholic Primary School
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport / Driver's Licence / Birth Certificate
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Wades Place, Poplar, London, E14 0DE
Not available on site
Limited parking on the street for a fee. It is best to use public transport.
- School phases
- Early years, Primary (4 to 11)