Oasis Academy South Bank
We are extremely proud to welcome you to Oasis Academy South Bank, an 11-18 academy in the heart of the Waterloo community.
We are incredibly proud of everything we have achieved in the last six years; our well-rounded young people who are all in purposeful 16+ provision, some of the best GCSE results in the country and our Outstanding Ofsted report.
We are passionately committed to growing and supporting teachers to be the best they can be and our instructional coaching CPD programme helps teachers improve quickly.
All students are welcome with us, regardless of starting point, need or complexity. We are totally inclusive and believe that all students here will ‘Climb the STAIRS to Greatness’ and reach our two end goals of getting their dream job and becoming a model citizen.
Our students and alumni are happy, motivated and kind. We want our alumni to be sought after individuals but also committed to giving back to their community.
The foundations of our academy rest on excellent teaching and staff have the highest possible expectations of all our students. There are no excuses and no limits to what they can achieve if we all: students, staff and families work together.
About our school experience
- We would be delighted to host you at Oasis Academy South Bank to find out more about the teaching profession! We would love you to come and watch a variety of lessons, attend sessions on key aspects of teaching practice and get a feel for what working in a school is like. We think that teaching is the best job in the world and we want to show you why you should get involved!
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 1.00pm
Candidates may start later or finish earlier depending on their individual needs.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We work closely with Ark Teacher Training. We have a comprehensive programme for all of our trainees (including Ark, Teach First, PGCEs etc) using our instructional coaching model which ensures that we all 'get a little bit better every day'.
We are incredibly proud of all of our trainees who, with the support and guidance of our staff, excel in their training and then, without exception, choose to stay with us beyond their training placement.
Links to more information about our school
- Oasis Academy South Bank website
- Oasis Academy South Bank Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Oasis Academy South Bank
- Performance information: Oasis Academy South Bank
- Photo identification: We need photo ID to carry out DBS checkes
- DBS check required
Yes. All candidates coming to get experience in our school will need an up to date DBS check
We are able to host school experiences following the end of public examinations after 26th June
- School experience type
- In school
- 75 Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7HS
Not available on site
As we are based in central London, parking is extremely limited and driving is not recommended.
We are easily accessible via public transport however, situated just opposite Lambeth North tube station.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Design and technology
- Physical education
- Religious education