Outwood Academy Acklam
About our school experience
Outwood Grange Academies Trust embraces the opportunity to ensure that all children, irrespective of their starting point, receive an excellent education and we relish the opportunity to be part of the much needed regeneration of the areas we work in.
We would be delighted to organise a career experience placement for you in one of our academies. In line with our safeguarding policy, we can offer up to three days in an academy, dependent on the academy capacity.
We offer a School Direct programme that strives to develop, support and celebrate excellent trainee teachers who are well-prepared for the profession and driven by placing students first.
We work in partnership with Sheffield Hallam University, Leeds Beckett University, Durham University, Teesside University and the University of York. You can find more information about our programme here: www.teachoutwood.com.
- Start and finish times
8:15am to 2:30pm
In your initial contact with our organisation, please confirm your availability.
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
Links to more information about our school
- Outwood Academy Acklam website
- Outwood Academy Acklam Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Outwood Academy Acklam
- Performance information: Outwood Academy Acklam
- Teacher training: Outwood Academy Acklam
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
We offer career experience placements throughout the school year.
- School experience type
- In school
- Hall Drive, Acklam, Middlesbrough, TS5 7JY
Yes - on site parking provided
Please use the academy's car park.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)