Wilberforce Primary School works closely with United Teaching National SCITT which offers salaried and non-salaried training routes for trainee teachers across our partnership schools. Our focus is on outstanding learning for students, education with character and bringing out the ‘best in everyone’. We believe in a relentless focus on high achievement in an inclusive environment which welcomes children from all backgrounds. We are proud that our children achieved more than 20% above national average last year and our progress scores are one of the highest in the country.
We are clear that there are no excuses for underachievement. We aim to identify barriers that may be standing in the way of achievement, understand them in relation to our context and focus on breaking them down. We specialise in knowing our community and how best to support our learners.
Having worked with United Teaching for a number of years, we know the impact of great teachers on student progress and learning. We use evidence to inform our teaching practices and professional development to ensure we are striving for excellence within our curriculum and classroom practices, recognising that we can all use feedback to improve our practice.
About our school experience
• Welcome presentation on Wilberforce Primary School and United Teaching ITT programme
• Tour of the school and lesson drop-ins
• Opportunity to meet with current trainee teachers and early career teachers
- Start and finish times
- 9.15am to 11.15am
- Dress code
- Teacher training
United Teaching National SCITT offers both salaried and non-salaried training routes for trainee teachers across our partnership and placement schools
Links to more information about our school
- Wilberforce Primary website
- Wilberforce Primary Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Wilberforce Primary
- Performance information: Wilberforce Primary
- Teacher training: Wilberforce Primary
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Beethoven Street, London, W10 4LB
Not available on site
We will provide more information about parking nearer to the event
- School phases
- Primary (4 to 11)